Monday 8 September 2014

BALLET for ADULTS

DON'T KNOCK IT...EVER, there are more benefits to this exercise and dance form that you ever imagined, and EVERYONE should at least give it a 6-month go at it, it'll change your life.

PROMISE!!!!

This month, for FITNESS TRAINING & ACTIVITIES, we are focusing on DANCE EXERCISE, and today we focus on BALLET. 

Lets never question how amazing a ballet body can be....


 
 
 

or how incredibly graceful, sexy and ridiculously hard this form of exercise can be....


But most importantly, what we want you to consider, is what this discipline can do for your overall presentation, your posture, your general strength, your poise, your core, your muscle shape and trust me, if Rugby boys could add various elements of ballet training into their training regimes, as silly as that sounds, they'd win far more matches, guaranteed!

This is probably one of the hardest disciplines and if added to Cross-fit workouts, you'd be set. 
JUST TRY IT!!!!

"I gained strength in every part of my body.  Ballet exercises all your muscles.  I used ballet to change the shape of my body.  I was always a sporty person and had very bulky thighs.  Ballet lengthened my muscles tremendously.  I did other dance forms e.g. African Dance which shortens muscles and ballet helped even it out.  Ballet helped me become more disciplined in life.  As a child I was a bit of a ‘tomboy’ and I was running around bullying my friends.  Ballet had a part to play in grooming and disciplining me.  I learnt to be well behaved and where my place is in certain situations.  I like the way I move when I do ballet.  I enjoy the structure it brings me and it helped me with all my other dance forms.  I will never stop doing ballet and will dance until my very end.”

One of the best places in the country to go for open lessons, from total beginners to advanced, is that of the Joburg City Ballet @ joburgballet.com 

More inspiration....

 
 
 
 
 
 
#WellnessisEverywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment