Saturday 11 October 2014

MABONENG PRECINCT

This may seem out of place, but in fact its perfect for this segment. This month in TRAVEL & RELAXATION we wanted to remind or educate you on happenings in and around South Africa. We hope to have four very different features, but all with a common theme, RELAXING days out. We want you to have a day to be remembered, a day where many sense were heightened, and blown apart because of the sheer volume of fabulousness that was where we sent you. And in doing this, we want you to feel happy, and less stressed, the primary purpose of this segment.

Meet...the oh-so-fabulous....

After being told I have not lived if I have not 'done' Maboneng, I decided that being dead wasn't much fun, so I revived me and went to Mab's. MAN WAS I SORRY I WAS NOT HERE EARLIER.
WOW, what an experience, its a whole new world, bugger Cape Town and the Biscuit Mill, HELLO MABONENG PRECINCT and all it has to offer, I AM IN LOVE. (Ok, I sound like I'm having an affair because I seem to love everything, but allow me this love too... heaven.)

When I arrived I didn't know where to go first, because I went for the infamous Market on Main, but then got lost in the Concrete Heaven that is part of Fox Street Downtown Johannesburg. 

So I kinda stuck to my plan and tried to by-pass the totally cool 'Sharp Braai Stand' where they serve real-deal African Braai food, no not Afrikaner Braai, African Braai, man it smelt good, and had such an awesome shop/stand set-up that I battled to resist and wrote down on my bucket-list for next time, but then there was 'Uncle Merves which serves Smoothies and Light meals, I don't care what they served actually, IT WAS JUST SUCH A COOL SHOP, God, I love our creativity and can do attitude in South Africa. But it also went onto the bucket list, have to go back. In fact there are so many places that went onto the bucket list that I need to live there a while, like a week, and stay at the coolest hotel/ apartment block in Gauteng, possibly Africa, the 12 DECADES HOTEL, the Johannesburg Art Hotel, where EVERY room is an art-piece, YES, the entire room.

Moving on to the reason I came, I went to MARKET ON MAIN, which was incredible, and again left me with choice issues, I wanted everything, the food was delectable, and the art, all of it, worth every penny, but this place will make you broke ya'l, I wanted everything. Its so creative, everything there, was so creative, why we go elsewhere is a mystery. There was this one stand that sold wood carved watches and another that jewellery from tea-spoons and table spoons, but like PROPA stuff, wearable, beautiful and incredibly unique, and surprisingly cheaper than expected, but worth so much more. 

I moved on to Yogi Berry and tried THE BEST fro-yo's ever, so fresh. They have a specialized system to produce the fro-yo, that makes the freshest taste, with real fruit for flavour, no preservatives, no hidden crap, just fruit and the best tasting yogurt. YUM, meet the owner, shes a total gem. 

I took a coconut from some random stand, at the market, where they chopped off the top, threw in a straw and drank the freshest real coconut juice straight from the source, BUT WAIT, they added a shot of Malibu, T.O.T.A.L.L.Y the best drink I've ever had. 

Finall, with my coconut in hand, I settled on lunch at EAT YOUR HEART OUT, again, yum, and they refilled my coconut with a Mojito, how cool. 
Then I landed up at the most incredible rooftop bar, called the LIVING ROOM, so unique, again! Its a Urban-Eco Cafe' Cuisine, Plant Art and Urban Design Venue, a mouthful, we know, but if you want cool vibes, awesome music (DJ's), tasty cocktails and interesting people, THIS IS YOUR SPOT.

I could go on, but I'm not going to, please go and have a look for yourself. I left feeling revived, and excited, and a little drunk, so get a cab, enjoy the moment, get happy, go to www.mabonengprecinct.com for more info, check out the event calendar, there really is SO much happening, day and night. 

(On my bucket list for next time is the POP ART Theatre and THE BIOSCOPE.) 
 
 
 
  
MARKET ON MAIN 
 
 
 286
 SHARP BRAAI SHACK
 UNCLE MERVES
 
 THE LIVING ROOM
 
THE STREET WHERE IT ALL HAPPENS
 ON THE BUCKET LIST  
 
 WALL ART 
 
 
 
#WellnessisEverywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment